Wavemakers is an initiative I've kickstarted with Femme-O-Nomics’ founder Leah Eichler (@Femmeonomics) that profiles female innovators — women who are constantly blazing new trails, inspiring others and revolutionizing the status quo.
This week meet the owner and creative director of Tailor Communications Design – Iris Glaser
1. Describe your current state of mind
Focused on staying focused. Attempting to work smartly while juggling kids, my own business, and helping with my husband’s business. Trying to remain grounded in the everyday of running a business and a household, while at the same time pushing my aspirations for growth forward.
2. If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
3. What is your greatest indulgence?
A whole day to myself.
Also: fiction, nice chocolate, gardening, shoe shopping and haircuts.
4. What or who helped you the most to achieve your success
My parents, for encouraging my independence. My husband, for asking tough questions and modelling business strategy. My kids, for helping me laugh and play.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received
My grandmother told me that marriage is like a full time job: you have to work at it every day.